Just saying this now, I'm not going set my Goodreads goal high. I'm planning on setting my goal at ten and once I finish those ten I add another ten, so on and so forth. I don't want to put pressure on myself to read 100 books. I would love to read more than 100 books, but if I don't then that's fine by me.
Here are some of my goals for the new years:
1. Participate in more book club picks: I only did it once in the beginning of the years, which was by accident
2. Catch up and finish some series: It's quite scary on how many open series that I have, even when I have all the books in the series. I'm going to try and not to start any new series that have multiple books out, but I know that's not going to happen. In my next post I'll make a list of books/series I want to finish before 2018 ends.
3. Do the Popsugar 2018 Reading Challenge
4. Get better at posting on Bookstagram: I don't post everyday like I should. Also with this I want to get better at taking pictures.
5. Do more read-a-thons: I have a few that are set in stone; like the Booktube-A-Thon, and the RIP-A-Thon.
6. Read more classics: I think that’s what most people put on their their reading goals for the new year and I’m going to be one of those people. I’m not going to give myself a huge number to read because I know that I’m going to stress myself out about it. So how much I read is good to me; whether it’s two or ten, I’m good.
7. More non-fiction: I use to read a lot of non fiction but I fell off the wagon and hoping to get back on it. It’s going to be more on the self-help/cooking/baking type thing.
8. Lastly. Keep better track of the books I read. Last year I started a book bullet journal and by mid summer I wasn't really enjoying it all. I'm not artsy what so ever and I wasn't really adding any collections to it. So this past November I purchased a Classic size Happy Planner to keep track of new releases, the books I'm reading along with the pages. I also plan to keep track of some of my favorite quotes. I'm planning on making a blog post about it when I'm comfortable with it.
In 2018 I didn't want to put pressure on myself do read a lot or post certain things, because if I do then I wouldn't want to do it if that makes any sense, So what are some of your bookish goals for the new year, I would love to get some new ideas.